Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnets display superior magnetic properties, with a higher unit magnetic field density, assuring a more compact and lighter weight in designing devices. However, being mostly an iron based alloy, Neo magnets are susceptible to surface oxidation or rust. To eliminate this susceptibility, the magnet is coated, plated or another suitable surface treatment applied. Neo magnets however do not perform well under high temperatures, unless the non standard high temperature grades are specified.
- Chemical composition: Nd2 Fe14 B
- Hard and brittle
- Excellent resistance to demagnetisation
- Poor resistance to corrosion
- Good temperature stability
- High performance material provides excellent cost to performance ratio