Samarium Cobalt magnets are a type of Rare Earth magnet with a high percentage of Samarium, which is relatively stable against temperature change. These magnets are produced with a sintered production process with high energy product and excellent coercive force, this material is ideally compact and suitable to highly efficient machines and components. It is widely used in applications in which higher operating temperature, higher corrosion and oxidation resistance are crucial, but this comes at a price.
- Chemical composition: Sm Co5 / Sm2 Co17
- Extremely hard and brittle
- Very high resistance to demagnetisation
- Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Outstanding temperature stability - 250C
- Limited raw material supply limits use to specialised applications and increases cost